An employee handbook should be an extremely
valuable communication tool as opposed to being a bureaucratic rulebook. It can enhance the way a company presents
itself to a new employee and can even become an instrument toward fostering
greater employee involvement within the company.
- To provide essential information about the organization
- To comply with federal, state and local laws and regulatory guidelines
- To provide clear, concise answers to frequently asked questions
- To reflect an attitude of respect toward employees
- To state rules, standards and policies that employees are expected to
- To protect the company from employee initiated lawsuits by making
- the company is in
compliance with federal, state and local laws
- the policies are thorough
and applied uniformly and equitably
HR Mentor, Inc:
- Reviews, assesses and modifies, as
appropriate, current written policies and practices and determines the
additional policies, practices and standards that are required for the company.
- Writes and produces a draft of a
user-friendly handbook. Copies should
be distributed to a few of your senior people for their comments, suggestions
and additions. In appropriate
organizations, we also will facilitate a team process to review the draft.
- Incorporates appropriate suggestions and
changes into the handbook and produces a final document.
Contact HR Mentor